general physician

I've got rednesss in between my thighs

Male, 17
I have got redness ( dotted type rednesss mostly are joined to each other and some are single ) in between my thighs including my penis and scrotum it itches a lot . Please suggest me what to do tried OTC oniment and medicine but it didn't work. Please suggest me what to do
view count696 months ago
Answers (11)
doctor profileDr. Pritha Mukherjee
General Physician | 3 years | Bardhaman
You need to share a photo of the rashes. If it's only itching, might be fungal infection. But however, nothing can be concluded this way without seeing the rashes and getting a detailed history. Kindly avoid any sort of steroid containing ointments, as it will worsen the condition. Simple topical antifungals and oral antifungals if needed, will help to reduce the rashes and itching. Also avoid using any fragrance containing soap and shampoo to wash the private areas. Simply use lukewarm water. Maintain a good hygiene Wear cotton fabric, breathable garments. If excessive sweating is there, you can use Abzorb powder. Keep the area clean, and for comprehensive management you can consult me here.
Answered 6 months ago
doctor profileDr. Kadaba Chandrasekhariah
General Physician | 52 years | Bengaluru
A little detailed history and examination is required. Please consult. Meanwhile you can apply Permethrin lotion 1 percent to the whole body below the neck and leave it on the body for at least 12 to 18 hrs without a bath. Next day wash it off. But itching will be there for a few days later and will go away
Answered 6 months ago
doctor profileDr. Pushpendra Yadav
General Physician | 5 years | Etawah
It seem like fungal take these medicine n after 5 day u consult me for further evaluation Rx Cap Oniclear 200 ....0-0-1 Tab ceterzine 10 mg ...0-0-1 Oint Dermiford ......1-0-1 for local apply
Answered 6 months ago
doctor profileDr. Ujjyani Pawar
General Physician | 2 years | Mumbai
Can help you with the next course of action and treatment plan. Would like to discuss in details and provide apt solution. Kindly consult.
Answered 5 months ago
doctor profileDr. Satyanarayana B
General Physician | 15 years | Hyderabad
I think private parts infection because of std or fungal infection please consult online or privately
Answered 6 months ago
doctor profileDr. Malaya Kant Sethi
General Physician | 52 years | Ganjam
Fungal infection...Tab terbinafine 250 BD for 5 days. Terbinafine ointment twice daily
Answered 6 months ago
doctor profileDr. Avinash Meshram
General Physician | 26 years | South Delhi
Give details and what medicine you have taken so far . Take appointment and consult
Answered 6 months ago
doctor profileDr. Shree Devi
General Physician | 6 months | Mahabub Nagar
It could be fungal or bacterial growth use clobesta gm ointment
Answered 6 months ago
doctor profileDr. Vishad Patel
General Physician | 11 years | Ahmedabad
May be fungal infection Consult for further evaluation
Answered 5 months ago
doctor profileDr. Sajal Goyal
General Physician | 3 years | Bareilly
Detail history is required .. consult me
Answered 6 months ago
Disclaimer - The content is not intended to be as a substitute for a professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any question you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the website.

Health Library

Health Articles



Registered Office

Bajaj Auto Limited Complex, Mumbai – Pune Road, Akurdi, Pune – 411 035

Corporate Address

Mantri IT Park, A wing,
3rd floor, Nagar Road,
Viman Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra - 411 014

© 2021, Bajaj Finserv Health Limited. All rights reserved.