1.1. What is Personal Information?
Personal information is that information which can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. It includes de-identified data that, when linked to other information available to us, would enable us to identify you. Personal data does not include data that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that we cannot identify you through it, even in conjugation with other information.
1.2. Types of Personal Information We Collect
When you sign up or register on our Health App or Website to use our Services, and during the course of actual usage of our Services, the types of information that will be collected by us includes:
- Contact information: Name, Address, Contact details, Email ID, Phone Number;
- Demographic information: Gender, Age, Date of Birth;
- Data regarding your usage of the services such as search history and history of the appointments made by you through the use of Services;
- Financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details, billing information;
- Your browsing history including the URL of the site that you visited prior to visiting the Website as well as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer (or the proxy server you used to access the World Wide Web), along your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using as well as the name of your ISP;
- Any detail relating to the above as voluntarily provided to BFHL by you, for providing value added service;
- Medical records and history which you voluntarily provide or is generated on usage of the app/website through our Network Service Providers; “Network Service Providers” means any Doctor, Hospital,Clinic, Diagnostic Center or other healthcare service provider in the ecosystem who is using our digital platform for providing services and who has been independently contacted by you for availing services and has obtained your consent for sharing your medical records and history with us.
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition which you voluntarily provide or is generated on usage of our services through the app/website;
- Data regarding your insurance coverage (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan) which you voluntarily provide or is made available through usage of Services; and
- Any additional information that you voluntarily choose to provide to BFHL through any mode of communication or during any interaction.
1.3. Source of Data Collection
Your Personal Information may be collected from following sources:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us through app, website, email, during interaction with us on call or chat and other modes of communication;
- Information that we collect from our network of partner healthcare service providers such as doctors, hospitals, diagnostic centres, chemists etc. or any healthcare service providers, to whom you have permitted the sharing of your personal information;
- Data of customers of any group company, affiliates, associates, subsidiary, joint ventures of BFHL, to whom you have given consent for sharing of information for availing value added service.
1.4. How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for purposes which include the following:
- Your registration for the purpose of receiving our Services, identification, communication, notification and for fulfilment of the Terms and Conditions;
- Offering you personalized Services and targeted advertisements of various healthcare and wellness plans and offering you customised health insights;
- Creation and maintenance of health records in electronic form;
- Processing any orders you may place using our Services;
- Improvement of our products and services;
- Research and analysis, including for the development of commercial solutions;
- Addressing your requests, queries and complaints, in any, pertaining to our Services; other customer care related activities;
- Investigating, enforcing, and resolving disputes;
- For the purpose of contacting you to provide you with information on new Services and offers, taking feedback, assisting you with completion of transactions or other issues relating to the use of Services;
- To send notices, communications, alerts, new offers relevant to use of the Services offered by BFHL on Website/app;
- Carrying out our obligations in relation to any agreement with our business partners or contractors;
- Technical administration and customization of Website, and other general administrative and business purposes;
- To send you information about special promotions or offers (either offered by BFHL or by its business partners), new features or products both of the BFHL as well as third-party offers or products with whom BFHL has a tie-up;
- For sharing with your’ chosen partner service provider in health eco-system like doctors, hospitals, diagnostic centres, chemists etc.
1.5. Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
We disclose and in some cases transfer your personal information to such entities as required to provide Services to you, to the extent permitted by applicable law. These entities may be located outside India,
which you hereby consent to. We require such entities to protect your information through equivalent security measures as what we would adopt. An indicative list of entities we may disclose or transfer information to, are provided below:
- Service Providers: We share personal data with companies that provide Services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data storage, software services, email services, marketing, fulfilling customer orders, providing payment services, data analytics, providing customer services, and conducting surveys. These companies may be located within or outside India, but in any case are obligated to protect your data.
We may also share information with employees, data processors and technology partners on a need to know basis. Such entities would be contractually obligated to maintain confidentiality in relation to your data.
- Business Affiliates: We may disclose or transfer some of your information to group companies, affiliates, associates, subsidiary, joint ventures of BFHL, including foreign entities, and in particular group companies and affiliates who are involved in the provision of products and services which we resell on our platforms, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer, asset sale, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all personal data to the relevant third party with the same rights of access and use.
- Your Chosen Healthcare Service Providers: We may share information with your chosen healthcare service providers such as doctors, hospitals, diagnostic centres, chemists etc. upon your instructions, or any other entity with whom you consent to share the information at a later stage.
- Law Enforcement Agencies: We may share information with law enforcement agencies pursuant to lawful requests for information, and otherwise as required under any law applicable at the given time.
- Other Third Parties:
- In case of any contests or surveys conducted by BFHL in which you participate, your information may be disclosed to third parties, to the extent necessary for fulfilment of any offer/vouchers etc. and other aspects of such contest or similar offering.
- We may also disclose personal data if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
- Anonymised, aggregated data that cannot re-identify you, may be shared with advertisers, research firms and other partners.
1.6. Your Rights
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date. However, you have the responsibility of ensuring that you review the accuracy of information provided by you and contact us in case of discrepancies, or in case you wish to discontinue the use of our services. You have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
- You have the right to access your personal information, and request correction and deletion. If your personal information changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through email@example.com . We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or subsequently becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, we may, at our sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Services to you. There may be circumstances where Company will not correct, delete or update your Personal Information, including (a) where the Personal Information is opinion data that is kept solely for evaluative purpose; and (b) the Personal Information is in documents related to a prosecution if all proceedings relating to the prosecution have not been completed.
- You are free to not share any medical or other information that you consider confidential and withdraw consent for us to use data that you have already provided. In the event that you refuse to share any information or withdraw consent to process information that you have previously given to us, we reserve the right to restrict or deny the provision of our services for which we consider such information to be necessary.
You may contact us for any questions or for exercise of these rights.
Bajaj Finserv Health Limited
4th Floor, Nagar Rd, Clover Park,
Pune, Maharashtra 411014
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
1.7. Data Retention Policy
We store your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws, which means we keep your data for as long as necessary to provide you with our Services or as may be required under any law. We shall store your Personal Information for lawful purposes only. We keep de-identified data for research and statistical purposes for a longer period.
If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your data, and we may delete any or all of your data without liability. However, we may retain data related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or if required by law, or for other legitimate purposes. We may continue to store your data in anonymised form for analytical and research purposes.
1.8. Information Security Policy
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures for the purpose of safeguarding all data you share with us. We also have comprehensive internal policies in place to prevent unauthorized access to your data. We take adequate steps to ensure that third parties we share data with also adopt reasonable level of security practices and procedures to ensure the privacy and security of your information.
However, we are not responsible for any loss, unauthorised access, safety issue or any harm caused to you by any misuse of your personal information, unless it is a direct and foreseeable consequence of negligence and non-compliance on our part only. You hereby acknowledge that we are not responsible, in particular, for any third party action or action on your part leading to loss, damage or harm to you or any other person.
For any data loss or theft due to unauthorized access to your electronic devices through which you avail our Services, Company shall not be held liable for any loss whatsoever incurred by you.
1.9. Third Party Websites and Services
Our Website and App may contain links to third party services, and give you the ability to access such third-party websites, products, and services. Please note that you may proceed to the use of such third party website or service at your own risk and BFHL will not be held liable for any outcome or harm arising as a result of your use of such third party websites or services. Please read the privacy policies of any third party before proceeding to use their websites, products, or services.