5 Effective Face Yoga Exercises to Make Your Skin Glow Even More
- The forehead face yoga exercise reduces your horizontal wrinkles
- A cheek sculptor exercise is part of the yoga for skin glow exercises
- Prevent sagging jawline and double chin by doing face yoga
Most people love to have a toned face. Face yoga helps get this result, whether you want to reduce a double chin or define the jawline. Facial exercises can help, but you may be wondering what is face yoga? The answer is simple. It is a combination of different facial exercises and massage that work on your facial muscles and skin.
Following this face yoga method engages your facial muscles. It decreases puffiness and improves the elasticity of your skin. While there are many benefits of yoga, the best one is that it improves blood flow in your skin. Better blood circulation boosts collagen production, leading to healthier, more radiant skin!. To see these benefits for yourself, try out these simple and effective face yoga exercises.Additional read: Better Lifestyle: How Can Yoga Prevent Injury and Improve Our Focus
Minimize frown lines on your face with a forehead exercise
This is a face yoga exercise that can help you reduce horizontal wrinkles seen on the forehead. It is a simple exercise that you can practice at any time. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Place your fingertips on top of the eyebrows.
- Step 2: Keep your fingertips in the same position and try to raise your eyebrows.
- Step 3: Raise it as high as possible.
- Step 4: Press your eyebrows gently in the downward direction to oppose the movement.
- Step 5: Stay in this position for about 6 seconds.
- Step 6: Repeat this exercise 5 to 10 times.
Lift your cheek area with a cheek sculptor exercise
To get a more defined face, yoga for skin glow recommends cheek exercises. As the name suggests, this yoga method helps lift your cheeks and increases the glow on your face. It is a simple exercise that can be done twice a day, in these steps:
- Place your middle and index fingers on the bottom of your face.
- Move your fingers slowly with your index fingers touching the smile lines.
- Stop this movement when you reach your nostrils.
- Slide your middle fingers on the cheeks.
- Keep moving them in V position as you slide them across your face.
- Continue the whole process for about a minute.
Reduce your sagging jawline with facial yoga
This is an easy exercise and you can do it the following way:
- Keep your elbow on a table
- Place your fist under the chin
- Press slowly in the upward direction using your fist
- Try opening your jaw while doing this
- Maintain this position for around 6 seconds
- Repeat the whole process 5-10 times
Doing this exercise helps you get rid of a sagging jawline and your double chin. This face yoga exercise tones the face effectively.
Do a mouth exercise to get plump lips
As you age, there is a loss of collagen protein from your skin. Consequently, your lips also tend to get thin due to collagen loss. Doing this exercise helps in the stimulation of your lip barrier that makes your lips look plump and full.
Follow these simple steps and improve the look of your lips.
- Step 1: Start by placing your index fingers on the two corners of your mouth.
- Step 2: Give a broad smile showing the entire row of front teeth.
- Step 3: Begin curling your tongue slowly
- Step 4: Move it from one side to the other in 5 seconds
- Step 5: Repeat the whole process again for about 30 seconds.
- Step 6: Remember to breathe throughout while doing this exercise.
Ease tension at the back of your neck with this face yoga method
This exercise helps in toning your neck area. The muscles connecting the neck and jaw are involved in this movement. You can do the exercise in the following way:
- Relax your shoulders and move your chin towards one side
- See that your chin is placed slightly up at a 45-degree angle
- Pout your lips into a kiss and stay in this position for 10 seconds
- Remember to breathe throughout as you do this exercise
- Change the sides and repeat the whole procedure
Now that you are aware of the benefits of yoga for the face, include it as a part of your daily regime. Just like regular yoga postures, you have to be consistent to see effective results. Start doing these exercises twice a day after which you may increase the count. For advice regarding exercises and other cosmetic procedures for the face, connect with specialists on Bajaj Finserv Health. Address your concerns with an online consultation and get proper guidance!
Please note that this article is solely meant for informational purposes and Bajaj Finserv Health Limited (“BFHL”) does not shoulder any responsibility of the views/advice/information expressed/given by the writer/reviewer/originator. This article should not be considered as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with your trusted physician/qualified healthcare professional to evaluate your medical condition. The above article has been reviewed by a qualified doctor and BFHL is not responsible for any damages for any information or services provided by any third party.
Download the Bajaj Health App
Stay Up-to-date with Health Trends. Read latest blogs on health and wellness. Know More!
Get the link to download the app