Best Effective Loose Motion Homeopathic Medicine
Homeopathy has gained acceptance as an alternative to the conventional allopathic treatment but not as a substitute. The medical system works on the principle of "like cures like" with remedies for various acute and chronic ailments, including loose motions. This article discusses the multiple aspects of homeopathic treatment-specific medicines for diarrhea.
- Homeopathy is a controversial medical system prescribing medicines with ingredients in highly diluted form
- The cure works on several acute and chronic diseases
- Stick to the regimen prescribed by the homeopathy doctor for a positive outcome
Homeopathy is a medical system that works on the belief that the body can cure itself. So the medical approach focuses on the patient while evaluating the pathological condition. The homeopathy doctor, also known as a homeopath, performs the patient's case analysis, which includes medical history, and physical and mental constitution, among others. Thus, homeopathic medicine for loose motion results from the individualistic examination. But, before we delve into the treatment for diarrhea, let us learn about the medical system to gain insight into its curative properties.
What Is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is an alternative medical system to the conventional allopathic form of curing medical conditions. It developed in Germany in the late 1700s and found acceptance in many European countries, but not the USA. Homeopaths use small amounts of natural substances from plants and minerals to stimulate the healing process.
However, doctors are unsure about the efficacy of homeopathy as its theories don't align with modern chemistry and physics principles. They maintain that medicines without active ingredients do not affect the body. So, let us see how homeopathy works, if at all.
How Does Homeopathy Work?
Homeopathy works on the principle of "like cures like" to deliver medicines with therapeutic benefits. Simply put, that which brings on symptoms in a healthy person can treat illness with similar systems. For example, medicinal ingredients in tiny doses trigger the body's natural defenses and are the best homeopathic medicine for loose motion.
However, studies on homeopathy's efficacy are inconclusive, which the critics ascribe to the placebo effect. That happens when the patient on homeopathic medicine believes that the cure is working and not because it is. The trigger is the brain releasing chemicals that briefly numb the senses to relieve pain or other symptoms.
An excellent example of homeopathy's curing properties is the remedy for allergies. We know that peeling onions waters your eyes and is an active ingredient for treating allergies. On the other hand, poison ivy, white arsenic, arnica herb, and crushed whole bees are some of the effective ingredients for homeopathic treatment.
Homeopaths weaken these ingredients by adding water or alcohol and shaking the mixture well in a process called "potentization." Thus, they believe that the lower the dose, the stronger the medicine transfers the healing essence. And the medications come in various forms like sugar globules, powder, liquid drops, gels, creams, and tablets.
Homeopathic Medicine For Loose Motion
With all the knowledge gained so far, let us explore all the homeopathic medicines that can treat diarrhea and give relief from discomfort. Instead of self-medication, any treatment must be in consultation with a healthcare professional. You can at least use online doctor consultation before starting the medication and sticking to the prescribed doses and regimen. So, let us dig deeper and look at all the medicines that can cure bouts of diarrhea, whether acute or chronic.
Prescribed for acute diarrhea when the patient has an urge to pass stool hastily. The other indications are:
- Rumbling and gurgling in the stomach followed by copious foul-smelling stools
- Suffer abdominal cramps before passing stool
- Patients have a profuse thirst for cold liquids
The medicine is a remedy for children suffering from loose motions due to ingestion of excessive fruits, rich foods, iced drinks, and exposure to cold. The indications for prescribing the medicine are:
- Diarrhea worsens at night
- The stool of infants is watery and greenish in appearance
- Children with changing stool consistency
Veratrum album (White Hellebore)
The medicine treats acute and severe diarrhea in children experiencing significant fatigue. The indications for the therapy are:
- Watery loose motions with vomiting
- They shiver with cold sweat and appear to collapse while their belly is icy.
- Despite the chilliness, they have an unquenchable thirst for cold drinks and a craving for cold foods, besides an aversion to warm food.
- The affected children display intolerance to fruits and exhaustion.
Aloe socotrina (Socotrine aloes)
The medicine works well with patients suffering from uncontrolled stools after passing gas. The typical indications for its use are:
- Profuse gurgling and rumbling in the belly before passing stool with sputtering
- The loose motion is worse in the morning, leading to disturbed sleep
- The watery stools contain a lot of mucous its consistency is jelly-like
- In addition, the patient may suffer hemorrhoids
The medicine suits infants suffering from loose motion. The indications prompting its prescription are:
- The affected infant is extremely irritable
- The diarrhea is foul smelling with colors ranging between green and white interspersed with yellow mucous
- The affected children suffer great pain, and carrying them is the only relief but temporary
Cinchona Officinalis (China or Peruvian Bark)
The diarrhea is painless, which worsens after eating, emitting a cadaverous smell. The indications for its use are:
- The stool is slimy, blackish, bilious, and mixed with undigested food
- The condition worsens at night post dinner, leading to exhaustion, debility, and emaciation
- Fruits trigger further worsening
- Thirst for drinking liquids increase
- It is suitable for chronic diarrhea in aged persons
The remedy suits children's diarrhea when they cannot digest milk, leading to colic, loose motions, nausea, and vomiting. The strong indications of the medicine are:
- Children regurgitate the ingested milk and other foods within one hour after drinking or eating
- Sometimes the diarrhea is accompanied by projectile vomiting
- The vomitus contains green or yellow curds
- The children show signs of weakness, irritation, and restlessness, followed by sweat
The remedy is ideal for characteristic diarrhea showing multiple indications.
- The stools emit an offensive odor, with traces of blood preceded by colic.
- The patient experiences soreness and itching of the rectum
- The condition worsens in the early morning, and the stools alternate between constipation and watery motion
The remedy works on children suffering from food poisoning or stomach flu. The indications for the medicine are:
- Frequent attack of foul-smelling loose motion
- Bouts of vomiting often follow diarrhea in the middle of the night
- Diarrhea causes a burning sensation in the abdomen and irritation of the anus
- Warm drinks provide temporary relief, and thirst is sporadic
Loose motion is a common affliction among infants while they are teething. The indications for prescribing the medicine are:
- Infants excrete pale sour stools and sour body odor, sweat, and vomit
- They crave some foods while are averse to hot foods
- They may be allergic to milk leading to constipation, loose motion, and indigestion
The above medicines are only indicative, and there are many more options with a homeopathy doctor. But dosage is equally crucial for the loose motion homeopathic medicine to be effective. At first, the dose is frequent but reduces as the condition improves.
Medical Conditions Resolved Through Homeopathy
Gone are the days when Samuel Hahnemann, a German healthcare provider, treated himself with a small dose of cinchona tree bark containing quinine, the wonder drug for malaria. As a result, the malaria symptoms appeared, minus the consequences of anemia or jaundice due to the loss of white blood cells. The premise forms the basis for the theory "like cures like." Today there are more than 2000 remedies for various medical conditions. For example, loose motion homeopathic medicine is a cure for acute and chronic diarrhea.
An indicative list of medical conditions where homeopathy treatment works are:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Premenstrual syndrome
The Risk of Homeopathic Medicines
The FDA oversees homeopathic remedies but does not examine whether they are safe and effective . However, homeopathic medicines are so dilute that they do not cause side effects. But there are also several red flags that you must consider before adopting under the professional supervision of a homeopathy doctor.
A word of caution, though – homeopathic remedies must not replace the conventional treatments for most medical conditions besides emergency treatment. In addition, it is prudent to avoid homeopathy treatment for life-threatening ailments like cancer, cardiac issues, and asthma, to name a few. Moreover, homeopathy medicines cannot replace vaccines, and one should avoid them to remain healthy.
Homeopathic Medicine for Loose Motion– A Case Study
By now, you are sufficiently aware of various aspects of homeopathy and how it treats multiple medical conditions. So, a study of homeopathy for loose motion gives an excellent opportunity to unravel the system further. Loose motion or diarrhea is a vital body defense mechanism that eliminates specific infective pathogens. While conventional medicines suppress the diarrheal symptoms, they allow the pathogens to survive in the body longer.
Childhood diarrhea is a significant public health concern globally, accounting for over three million child deaths annually , according to the WHO. In addition, an American medical journal has published research findings on the homeopathic treatment of pediatric diarrhea, a severe health problem in developing countries.
Since homeopathic remedy depends on the patient's unique symptoms, let us understand what they are.
Loose Motion Symptoms
Diarrhea characterizes frequent loose or liquid stools, accompanied by colic pain. The motion's consistency varies, lasting for 2-3 days or can linger for an extended period. Thus, you have two types of diarrhea.
- Acute Diarrhea: Appears suddenly and disappears after a short time of fewer than 14 days.
- Chronic Diarrhea: Affects the patient for an extended period, for more than 14 days and even weeks. However, frequent small solid stool with urgency is not diarrhea but a result of irritable bowel syndrome or colitis.
Thus, the following conditions are the criteria for diagnosis of diarrhea needing the best "homeopathy" medicine to control loose motions.
- Frequent defecation more than three times a day
- Altered stool consistency with a water content of more than 75% and inability to control
- The volume of stool increases, often more than 200 to 250 gm per day
Causes of Diarrhea
Loose motion or diarrhea is not uncommon and can appear suddenly or after a prolonged medical condition. So, let us check out the primary causes.
- Acute Diarrhea:
- Food poisoning
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Excess alcohol intake
- Some antibiotic treatments
- Chronic Diarrhea:
- Irritable bowel syndrome – One of the most common causes
- Inflammatory bowel disease – The other name of the medical condition is ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease
- Infections – intestinal infections can appear after ingesting contaminated food and water besides unpasteurized milk.
- A food allergy or sensitivity – food allergy is one of the common causes of chronic diarrhea. The common allergens include gluten in wheat flour and lactose in milk.
- Endocrine gland disorders – Hyperthyroidism can cause diarrhea and weight loss besides diabetes which injures the digestive tract nerves.
The workup for homeopathy for loose motion medicines includes detailed patient history besides clinical examination. In addition, several laboratory diagnostic tests allow the assessment of severe cases. Some recommended laboratory tests are:
- CBC (complete blood count) to assess anemia or leucocytes
- Stool examination to check for blood, ova, and parasites
- A stool culture to identify the causing bacteria
- Colonoscopy for patients with unidentified chronic diarrhea
- CT scan if clinical examination indicates irritable bowel syndrome or diverticulitis as the suspected cause of chronic diarrhea
Additional read: Loose Motion Symptoms
Homeopathy medical system is controversial but effective for several acute and chronic diseases. The system's unique working principle needs extremely diluted and tiny amounts of ingredients from plants and minerals to form the medicine. Moreover, the remedy depends on the symptoms and the patient's constitution. For example, homeopathic treatment for loose motion is many but specific for defined indications. Get online doctor consultation at Bajaj Finserv Health and find out which homeopathic medicine will suit you best.
Please note that this article is solely meant for informational purposes and Bajaj Finserv Health Limited (“BFHL”) does not shoulder any responsibility of the views/advice/information expressed/given by the writer/reviewer/originator. This article should not be considered as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with your trusted physician/qualified healthcare professional to evaluate your medical condition. The above article has been reviewed by a qualified doctor and BFHL is not responsible for any damages for any information or services provided by any third party.
Download the Bajaj Health App
Stay Up-to-date with Health Trends. Read latest blogs on health and wellness. Know More!
Get the link to download the app