Morning Exercise at Home: 5 Top Exercises to Brighten Your Day!
- Jumping jacks are one of the best morning workouts to improve heart health
- The best morning exercise to strengthen your muscles is the cat-camel stretch
- Crunches are a quick morning workout for losing weight and feeling energized
While it may not be easy to be a morning person, waking up before sunrise has its own advantages. If you start your day with exercise, it is like icing on the cake! Apart from helping you stay healthy, morning exercise at home keeps you rejuvenated and fresh during the day. It improves your concentration and mood apart from helping you shed those extra pounds. Your sleep patterns also tend to improve considerably.
What’s exciting is that you don’t have to head out to a gym. You can complete your workout from the comfort of your home. While working out in the morning may sound daunting, making it a routine can give you lifelong benefits. As the famous saying goes, old habits die hard! So, make morning exercises at home a part of your lifestyle and you’ll be amazed to see how your days get brightened. You can kickstart your healthy journey with these simple and effective exercises.Additional read: Better Lifestyle: How Can Yoga Prevent Injury and Improve Our Focus
[caption id="attachment_7285" align="aligncenter" width="4001"] Morning Exercise[/caption]
Increase Your Metabolism with Power Push-Ups
This is one of the best morning stretches to help you strengthen your muscles. Not only does your weight decrease, but push-ups also help you build strong abdominal muscles. Doing this exercise is advantageous as it uses almost every muscle in your body.
All you need to do is follow these simple steps for better fitness and health.
- Step 1: Keep your knees bent and your butt out by maintaining an upside V position
- Step 2: Place your hands a little wide apart
- Step 3: Slowly bend your knees by shifting your weight in the forward direction
- Step 3: Bend your elbows in push-up position
- Step 4: Slowly press your hips while maintaining the V position
- Step 5: Rise back to the start position and continue doing these two postures for about 5 minutes
Do Jumping Jacks to Boost Your Cardiovascular Health
Getting up in the morning and doing jumping jacks is the best morning workout to boost your heart health. Few other benefits of this exercise include the following:
- Improves the capacity of your lungs
- Increases blood circulation
- Reduces bad cholesterol levels
- Minimizes blood pressure
- Decreases your weight
- Tones your calf muscles
For doing jumping jacks, stand straight keeping your feet together. As you jump, spread your feet and get your arms over your head. Get back to the starting position while lowering your arms and placing your feet together. Continue doing this for few rounds.
Strengthen Your Muscles with a Cat-Camel Stretch
Among different morning exercises for weight loss<span data-contrast="auto">, this stretch is something you should never miss including in your exercise regime. It is a simple exercise to be completed this way:
- Start by kneeling down on four legs
- Keep your back in a round position similar to a camel and bend your head down
- Slowly arch your lower body and then lift your head similar to a cat
- Continue these movements in a slow and smooth manner
A cat-camel stretch is a gentle body workout that helps increase the flexibility of your abdominal and spine muscles.
Light Up Your Mornings with an Inchworm Stretch
If you want to increase your core strength, this exercise is definitely for you! Here are simple steps for doing this exercise:
- Stand straight by keeping your hands on your sides
- Raise your arms and while doing so inhale slowly by lifting your chest up
- Slowly get down to the floor and press your hands on the floor keeping them flat
- Exhale when you do so
- Keep your knees bent until your palm touches the floor
- Walk forward with your hands until your torso in a plank position
- Slowly move forward by keeping your shoulders overhand
- Arch your lower body while releasing your hips gently
- Lift your head and chest when doing this
- Get back to plank position and stay in that position for some time
- Walk your hands to the original position to complete the stretch
Perform a Quick Morning Workout with Crunches
This is the best morning exercise for strengthening your muscles. Apart from burning calories, crunches work on your abdominal muscles as well. Follow these simple steps and you are good to go!
- Step 1: Lie on the floor by keeping your back flat
- Step 2: Keep your feet flat on floor while bending your knees slowly
- Step 3: Slowly lift your shoulder blades
- Step 4: Keep your arms at the back of your head
- Step 5: Slowly lower yourself back to complete this stretch
Morning exercise at home comes with a lot of benefits. Incorporating a morning exercise routine for beginners is quite simple as all the workouts mentioned above are easy to do. However, consistency is the key factor. It is important to work out every day even if it is only for a short amount of time. Find a routine that fits your schedule and stick to it without exception. If you face any difficulties or pain while doing exercises, you can reach out to specialists and orthopedics on Bajaj Finserv Health. Book an online doctor consultation to get immediate medical advice and live healthy!
Please note that this article is solely meant for informational purposes and Bajaj Finserv Health Limited (“BFHL”) does not shoulder any responsibility of the views/advice/information expressed/given by the writer/reviewer/originator. This article should not be considered as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with your trusted physician/qualified healthcare professional to evaluate your medical condition. The above article has been reviewed by a qualified doctor and BFHL is not responsible for any damages for any information or services provided by any third party.
Download the Bajaj Health App
Stay Up-to-date with Health Trends. Read latest blogs on health and wellness. Know More!
Get the link to download the app