Morning Yoga Exercise: 6 Top Poses to Kickstart Your Day
- Following a morning <a href=" https://www.bajajfinservhealth.in/articles/vajrasana-benefits">yoga exercise schedule has many health benefits</a>
- Practice simple <a href=" https://www.bajajfinservhealth.in/articles/simple-office-exercises-7-desk-yoga-poses-to-boost-your-productivity">yoga poses to boost productivity</a> and confidence
- Combine easy Surya Namaskar poses with advanced yoga poses
There is no better way to start your day afresh than doing morning yoga exercise. Not only does this rejuvenate your mind, but also fill you with positive energy. Apart from helping you manage your weight, yoga improves your flexibility and strength. By doing yoga every day, you can bid adieu to anxiety and stress! Whether you are an expert or a beginner, yoga can benefit you equally. Practicing yoga in the morning is the best way to prepare your body and mind for the day ahead.
Here are a few poses that can be a part of your morning yoga exercise plan.Additional read: Morning Exercise at Home: 5 Top Exercises to Brighten Your Day!
Relax your mind with the mountain pose
This is one the most effective yoga poses to stretch and strengthen your muscles. It is also known as the meditative pose. With this simple exercise, you engage all your muscles. Follow these simple steps to complete your pose .
- Keep your feet apart and stand in a comfortable place
- Inhale slowly and lift your arms above the head
- Ensure that your fingers are interlocked with palms facing upwards
- Open your chest and keep your posture upright
- Raise your shoulders slowly and roll them back in the downward direction
- Exhale and relax all your muscles
- Return to starting position and repeat 3 times
Practice the child pose to make your lower back muscles flexible
Among different poses to boost productivity, the child pose is an ideal morning yoga exercise. This pose helps you connect with your breath while increasing the flexibility of your lower back and hips. Here is how you can practice this pose.
- Get in a four-legged pose on the mat
- After spreading your knees wide, bend slightly down and place your stomach in between thighs
- Move your forehead slowly on the floor
- Keeping your arms in front, inhale and exhale slowly
Stretch your lower back with the happy baby pose
- Lie down on a mat with your back on the ground
- Bring your knees to your stomach by bending them slightly
- Grip on the outer side of both feet with your hands
- Breathe slowly by keeping your ankles directly above your knees
- Now start pushing with the feet against your hands
- Move side to side like a rocking chair
Test your balance with the double tree pose
If you are looking to do yoga poses for two people, the double tree pose is the perfect one to start with. Though there are many advanced yoga poses, practicing this one works on your balancing skills. Here’s how you can do it.
- Stand with your partner side by side
- Make sure both your hips touch
- Lift both your outside feet while bending your knees a bit
- Keep your foot flat against the inner thigh
- Spread your arms across the body
- Ensure your palms touch your partner’s
- Inhale and exhale normally while trying to maintain balance
Do the chair pose to strengthen your legs
Practicing the chair pose is easy and equivalent to a full body HIIT workout. This pose strengthens your shoulders, back and legs in addition to improving your balance . Here are the guidelines you can follow.
- Keep your feet together and stand in a comfortable place
- Inhale and place your arms above your head
- Sit slowly into your hips with your knees bent as you normally sit on a chair
- Exhale while doing this step
- Ensure your thighs are parallel to the ground
- Roll your shoulders slowly and breathe slowly
You can also do this pose against a wall for better balance.
Increase your overall flexibility with Surya Namaskar poses
Sun salutations are among the most effective immunity booster yoga poses. You can practice the following 12 sun salutation poses early in the morning.
- Stick pose
- Prayer pose
- Mountain pose
- Standing forward bend pose
- Equestrian pose
- Standing forward pose
- Eight parts salute
- Cobra pose
- Downward facing dog pose
- Raised arms pose
- Equestrian pose
- Raised arms pose
These poses help you manage weight and improve your cognitive functions. This practice also is good for your heart health .Additional read: Yoga for Immunity: 9 Yoga Asanas to Boost Your Immune System
Creating a morning workout routine is refreshing and beneficial too. All you need to do is spend a few minutes every day to do yoga and see how energized you feel. Right from boosting your cardiovascular health to aiding smooth digestion, there are numerous benefits of yoga. In case you feel pain or face an injury doing your morning exercise, talk to top doctors on Bajaj Finserv Health. Book a video or telephonic consultation and address your symptoms at once! This way, you can focus on a healthy morning routine and make it a habit.
Please note that this article is solely meant for informational purposes and Bajaj Finserv Health Limited (“BFHL”) does not shoulder any responsibility of the views/advice/information expressed/given by the writer/reviewer/originator. This article should not be considered as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with your trusted physician/qualified healthcare professional to evaluate your medical condition. The above article has been reviewed by a qualified doctor and BFHL is not responsible for any damages for any information or services provided by any third party.
Download the Bajaj Health App
Stay Up-to-date with Health Trends. Read latest blogs on health and wellness. Know More!
Get the link to download the app