Thinking About Skin Tag Removal? Keep These 4 Points in Mind
- You may have skin tags on neck, armpits, groin and thighs among other places
- Skin tag removal treatment is best done under guidance of a dermatologist
- Skin tag removal cost depends on the type of the skin tag and the procedure
Skin tags are harmless and have benign growths on your skin. However, you can still choose skin tag removal. Also known as acrochordons, skin tags do not turn cancerous. But, at times, skin tags can be irritating and not aesthetically pleasing, which may make you consider getting them removed.
You have various options for skin tag removal treatment, like small surgeries and skin tag removal patches. The skin tag removal cost depends on two factors. The first is the procedure you are undergoing, and the other is the place you have chosen for the procedure.
Doctors recommend not to remove skin tags at home by yourself as it can be risky and result in potential complications. It is best to allow a dermatologist to examine it and perform skin tag removal. This is a safe and secure way for skin tag removal treatment. There are no specific areas for skin tags to grow as they can be present anywhere on your body. You may have skin tags on your neck, underarms, hands, groin, or thighs .
Read on to know more about skin tag removal and the major information associated with it.Additional Read: Prickly Heat Rash: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Reasons to opt for skin tag removal.
Skin tags are not agonizing but may still be irritating . You may want to get rid of them for the following reasons:
- You may consider them unsightly
- They may bleed and cause much discomfort
- They may get stuck on jewelry or clothing
Check with a dermatologist about skin tag removal to make sure the lesion is not a form of skin cancer .
Skin tag removal treatment
When it comes to skin tag removal, you can opt for the following.
- Wrap the affected area with skin tag removal patches - This method is known as ligation, which stops any blood supply to the skin tag. As a consequence, the skin cells die. Make sure you don't try this method at home and visit a dermatologist instead.
- Apply cream for skin tag removal - There are creams with ingredients that target the roots of skin tags and may help you eliminate them in a few weeks. However, it is important to consult a doctor before trying any creams for skin tag removal as they can also cause other skin problems since they contain certain acids.
Skin tag removal by yourself can lead to scars or permanent skin marks, a skin condition that requires further treatment, as well as blood loss that doesn't stop. So, a better solution is to speak to a skin specialist.
Dermatological options for skin tag removal
Skin tags can be removed safely by your dermatologist by using the following methods.
- Using a scalpel for skin tag removal - Small skin tags are generally removed by this method, where doctors cut them off from the base. Any bleeding you may experience will soon heal with the doctor applying a solution to the area of removal to reduce it.
- Cauterization for skin tag removal - In this process, doctors use a needle or probe that works on electricity to scorch away the skin tag. This is a hygienic way that prevents further damage to your skin.
- Cryosurgery for skin tag removal - In this process, doctors freeze your skin tag with liquid nitrogen. Around ten days later, the tag simply dislodges from your skin.
Though skin tags are benign growths that are generally harmless, they can still result in scarring, bleeding, and infection if you try to remove them yourself. It is best to get skin tag removal done professionally to minimize risks. For all treatments related to skin and hair, such as acne treatment, back acne treatment, or dandruff remedy, you can consult dermatologists on Bajaj Finserv Health. Just search for 'skin specialists near me' on the platform to get guidance on all skin and health issues online from wherever you are located.
You can also purchase an Aarogya Care health policy on Bajaj Finserv Health and enjoy benefits like network discounts, OPD coverage, preventive health check-up, pre- and post-hospitalization coverage, and more. Make use of these comprehensive benefits to lead a healthy, stress-free life!
Please note that this article is solely meant for informational purposes and Bajaj Finserv Health Limited (“BFHL”) does not shoulder any responsibility of the views/advice/information expressed/given by the writer/reviewer/originator. This article should not be considered as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with your trusted physician/qualified healthcare professional to evaluate your medical condition. The above article has been reviewed by a qualified doctor and BFHL is not responsible for any damages for any information or services provided by any third party.
Download the Bajaj Health App
Stay Up-to-date with Health Trends. Read latest blogs on health and wellness. Know More!
Get the link to download the app