Boost Your Skin Health with Ubtan! Here's Why it Works
Make ubtan powder at home using basic ingredients like turmeric. Using ubtan for face helps you get glowing skin. Common ubtan powder ingredients include sandalwood, chickpea, oats and saffron.
- Ubtan has its roots in the cosmetic formulations of Ayurveda
- Homemade ubtan can help you moisturize, exfoliate, clean and clear your skin
- Turmeric and rose water are some of the most powerful ubtan powder ingredients
Hearing the word ‘ubtan’ may immediately make you think of your mother or grandmother mixing fresh ingredients at home and asking you to use them for fresher, clearer, and brighter skin. Ubtan is a semisolid or powdered preparation that is known to cleanse dirt and improve the luster of skin . In fact, these herbal cosmetic powders have roots in both Ayurveda and Unani practices dating back centuries to improve skin texture and tone and reduce infections.
After all, skin diseases are counted among the most common of all health conditions according to the WHO. Almost 900 million people in the world, at any given time, are affected by skin problems . Our body’s internal health is also reflected in our skin, and it needs both nourishment and care. Weather changes and other external factors like pollution and heat can play a big role in deteriorating our skin health.
So, irrespective of the reason why your skin feels dull, oily, uneven, or acne-prone, having a skincare regime at hand to regularly boost your skin from within is vital. Ayurvedic recipes like ubtan work wonder in this regard, and you can even make them yourself at home with readily available ingredients. Here’s more about ubtan powder and how it can help your skin get an uplift!
What is ubtan?
The idea of ubtan dates back to the ancient times when skin-boosting or beauty-enhancing ingredients were freshly prepared and used on the body. In Ayurveda, ubtan is referred to as ubvartan and is followed by a massage to make skin feel softer and smoother and get rid of dead skin cells and blemishes. Apart from cosmetic uses, ubtan can also help you reduce or get rid of skin rashes, allergies and pimples, and even inflammation.
Made by using readily available spices, herbs, lentils, or legumes, ubtan is a semisolid paste made using ubtan powder. The main ubtan powder ingredients are turmeric, raw milk, saffron, gram flour, sandalwood paste or powder, and rose water . In today’s day and age, too, ubtan is a natural home remedy you can rely on to cope with the harmful effects of the changing environment around you. In fact, ubtan powder ingredients are known for their anti-inflammatory, antioxidative, anti-aging, and antiseptic properties, which is why they help improve your skin.Additional Read: 5 Health Benefits Of Manjistha
Why use ubtan for face and body?
You can use ubtan for both your face and body to enjoy the following benefits.
- This age-old face and body mask imparts a natural glow to your skin
- Ubtan reduces spots on your skin, decreases age lines, and reduces tan
- Made using natural ingredients, ubtan is suitable for all skin types
- Ubtan is not expensive and can be easily made at home
- It does not irritate the skin, as there are no chemicals or harmful ingredients present in it
- It works as a natural exfoliator, cleanser, and moisturizer to nourish your skin
How can you prepare ubtan powder at home?
Ubtan can be made using many natural ingredients, and you can choose them depending on the result you want. Take the ubtan powder ingredients mentioned below in small quantities and mix them well together using honey, yogurt, or water. If you want to preserve the ubtan for a few weeks, then make a bigger batch of the powder and store it in the refrigerator for subsequent use. Add the liquid ingredients to make a fresh batch whenever you want to use ubtan for the face or body.
See the common ubtan powder ingredients and their benefits below.
- Sandalwood and chickpeas are known to impart a natural glow to the skin, increase skin elasticity, and reduce wrinkles
- Turmeric comes loaded with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and makes skin radiant
- Use neem in case you have acne-prone skin, as it helps heal skin from within
- Almond is known to have natural exfoliating properties, so you can use it to clear your skin and get an even texture
- Use curd in your ubtan during winters to add suppleness to your skin as it works as a natural moisturizer
- Wheat flour works against sun damage and promotes skin elasticity, so use it to remove tan naturally
- Saffron reduces skin pigmentation and can even protect your skin against the harmful rays of the sun
- Rose water also works against pimples and calms both swelling and redness
Natural solutions like ubtan are based on Ayurvedic science and give you results with regular use. To get help when it comes to understanding which ubtan powder ingredients are best for you, get a doctor consultation with an expert. Log on to Bajaj Finserv Health to find reputed Ayurvedic doctors near you and book a video consultation for the best results.
This way, you can also get Ayurvedic remedies for acne or learn about the benefits of manjistha powder or Withania somnifera, which is better known as ashwagandha. By seeking all the counsel you need without having to step outdoors, you can not only improve your skin health but also tackle other health issues you or your loved ones may have. So, get started today and boost your health the natural way!
Please note that this article is solely meant for informational purposes and Bajaj Finserv Health Limited (“BFHL”) does not shoulder any responsibility of the views/advice/information expressed/given by the writer/reviewer/originator. This article should not be considered as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with your trusted physician/qualified healthcare professional to evaluate your medical condition. The above article has been reviewed by a qualified doctor and BFHL is not responsible for any damages for any information or services provided by any third party.
Download the Bajaj Health App
Stay Up-to-date with Health Trends. Read latest blogs on health and wellness. Know More!
Get the link to download the app