Health ID Card: Here are 8 Important Things You Should Know!
- What is a digital health card ID?
- What are the key functions of a health ID card?
- Do you know the components of a digital health card ID?
- What are the benefits of a health ID card?
- Are you aware of the documents you need for a health ID card?
- How can you download health ID card?
- Is it possible to deactivate a health ID card?
- Easy access, security, and consent are the few benefits of health ID card
- ABHA registration can be done with Aadhar, driving license, or mobile number
- You can delete, deactivate, download health ID card from the official website
Launched under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM), the digital health ID card is a unique 14-digit e-card that allows you to store your medical records online . The main aim of this digital health ID card is to have hassle-free digital access of your health records. It will also help you share your medical records with healthcare providers. This plays a vital role in supporting universal health coverage by creating a national digital health ecosystem.
Read on to know what is ABHA card and a few of its important features.
What is a digital health card ID?
Launched under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM), Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) card, also known as digital health ID card is a way to digitize healthcare system of the nation. It a unique 14-digit number that helps in identifying the cardholder. It also allows you to access and share your medical reports with health professionals. Health ID card benefits you because your medical history is digitally stored and accessible anytime.Additional Read: PMJAY and ABHA
What are the key functions of a health ID card?
The key functions of health ID card or Ayushman bharat scheme are as follows.
- All your medical treatment details get stored and recorded digitally
- Medical reports are also digitized for your future use and reference
- Doctors can get access to your medical history but only after you give consent
- Health services related information along with the details of health professionals will be accessible through the app
Do you know the components of a digital health card ID?
Your digital health card ID is linked with National Health Authority who will store your information and share if you give consent. The following are its three main components.
Personal health records system (PHR)
This is an electronic record of health information which you can manage, control, as well as share. These health records are also linked to the Aarogya Setu app.
Healthcare professional registry
This registry contains information on verified and registered health professionals and their qualifications. These professionals can provide health services for both modern and traditional medicine.
Health facility registry
This is a comprehensive registry of health facilities available across the nation and different medicinal systems. It contains information on both private and public health facilities such as hospitals, pharmacies, clinics, and more.
What are the benefits of a health ID card?
There are many benefits of digital health card, some of which are as follows.
- You can track, access, and share your health records from hospital admission to release in a paperless form
- You can link your digital health card ID to your PHR. This will help generate a long-term history of your health.
- You can get access and consultation with verified doctors in a safe manner
- You can keep your health records secure and private. The platform is built on strong encryptions and security
- Your health-related information is accessible to health professionals only after you provide an informed consent. You can also revoke or manage your consent making this one of the key Ayushman bharat yojana benefits
- You can voluntarily register or erase your health records from a health ID card
Are you aware of the documents you need for a health ID card?
For online Ayushman Bharat Registration, you will need the following documents depending your mode of registration.
- Aadhar card number if you have applied for health ID card online through “Generate via Aadhar” option
- Driving license if your ABHA registration is through “Generate via Driving License”
- If you do not want to share your IDs for health ID card, apply through the 3rd option. In this you will need your mobile number
How can you download health ID card?
There are many uses of your health ID. Ayushman card download and save it for future use. The steps to follow for health ID card download are
- Login to your account through the website or app download health id card
- Select your ID and click on “Download Health ID Card”
Is it possible to deactivate a health ID card?
Registering for a digital health ID card is voluntary and you can opt-out of it whenever you want. The steps for deactivating your health ID card are
- Login to your account and select on “My account”
- Select “Deactivate/Delete Health ID” and click on to continue to delete or deactivate your health ID card
Note that deactivating your health ID card is temporary and your data will not be erased. Deleting your health ID will erase your data.
While a digital health ID card or ABHA card help in managing medical records, investing in health insurance will help manage your finances during emergency medical situations. Make sure you get adequate insurance cover under your health insurance. Check out the Aarogya Care plans to get extensive cover as well as additional benefits. These benefits include preventive health check-ups, doctor consultations, network discounts, and more. Along with these, you also get a digital vault that allows you to store your medical records and documents online. This way you can get access to your medical documents anywhere at your fingertips.If you are not eligible for ABHA card you can avail bajaj health card to convert your medical bills into easy EMI.
Please note that this article is solely meant for informational purposes and Bajaj Finserv Health Limited (“BFHL”) does not shoulder any responsibility of the views/advice/information expressed/given by the writer/reviewer/originator. This article should not be considered as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with your trusted physician/qualified healthcare professional to evaluate your medical condition. The above article has been reviewed by a qualified doctor and BFHL is not responsible for any damages for any information or services provided by any third party.
Download the Bajaj Health App
Stay Up-to-date with Health Trends. Read latest blogs on health and wellness. Know More!
Get the link to download the app