Swasthya Sathi Card: Benefits, Apply Online, Eligibility
- Key Points of Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Swasthya Sathi Card
- Swasthya Sathi Card Check Online
- Registration Under the WB Health Smart Card Scheme
- Swasthya Sathi Card Apply Online
- Login into Swasthya Sathi Portal
- Swasthya Sathi Card Benefits
- Swasthya Sathi Card Eligibility Criteria
- Coverage Under Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Features of the Swasthya Sathi Yojana
- Register for Treatment Outside West Bengal
- Swasthya Sathi Hospital Registration
- Information About Swasthya Sathi Hospital
- Swasthya Sathi card is a smart health card under the Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- To get this health card, you need to be a permanent resident of West Bengal
- You can fill up the Swasthya Sathi form online and check its status digitally too
The Swasthya Sathi scheme was introduced by the Government of West Bengal on December 30, 2016. It offers a basic health cover of up to Rs.5 lakh per year per family including both secondary and tertiary healthcare. Swasthya sathi card is sponsored by the GoWB, and is paperless, cashless and based on a smart card. The objective for this scheme is to ensure universal healthcare for every resident of the state. To know about its key features, the Swasthya Sathi card eligibility criteria, and swasthya sathi card check online, and benefits read on.
The smart health card for the Swasthya Sathi scheme is known as the Swasthya Sathi card. Usually, it is issued against the eldest women member of a family. Note that it covers all family members including dependent physically challenged individuals and parents of both spouse .
Key Points of Swasthya Sathi Scheme
The scheme provides financial assistance to families in case of hospitalization of any member. The scheme covers all the medical expenses incurred during hospitalization, including doctor's fees, medicines, diagnostic tests, etc. The scheme also provides for pre and post-hospitalization expenses.
Swasthya Sathi Card
Here are the figures showing the reach of the scheme so far.
|Number of families covered|
2 crores +
|Number of empanelled hospitals|
31 lakh +*
*As per the GoWb data on Mar 31, 2022Additional Read: Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
Swasthya Sathi Card Check Online
To know about your Swasthya Sathi card check online for a hassle-free process. Here’s how you can go ahead with this regardless of whether you are applying for your family or for a hospital.
Swasthya Sathi Card Check Online For Individual Applicants
- Go to the official website
- Click on the ‘Find Your Name’ icon
- Enter your registered mobile number, select whether you are checking for yourself or for someone else, and click on ‘search’
- Get to know your Swasthya Sathi status
Swasthya Sathi Card Check Online For Hospitals
- Go to the official website
- Click on the ‘Check Hospital Registration Status’ icon
- Enter your registered mobile number and click on ‘search’
- See the status of your application
Registration Under the WB Health Smart Card Scheme
Under the scheme, each family will be provided with a health card which will entitle them to free treatment up to Rs. 5 lakhs per year at any government or empanelled hospitals in the state. The scheme will also cover pre-existing conditions and will have no upper age limit for enrollment.
Those interested in applying for the scheme can do so online on the official website of the West Bengal government. The application process is simple and only requires basic details such as name, address, contact number, etc. Once your application is approved, you will be issued a health card which you can use to avail of free treatment at any participating hospital.
Some requirements for registration include the following:
- Aadhar cards, voter ID cards, and digital identity cards are common types of ID cards
- Certification from BPL
Swasthya Sathi Card Apply Online
- Visit the official website
- Click on ‘Apply Now: You will get seven options in the drop-down list
- Download the right Swasthya Sathi form: Click on the Swasthya Sathi Form B if you are registering your family members for the first time. Go for Swasthya Sathi Form A in case you are adding a new member against your existing Swasthya Sathi card. There are additional forms available for name correction, name deletion and registering hospitals.
Login into Swasthya Sathi Portal
To login into the Swasthya Sathi portal, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website of Swasthya Sathi at http://swasthyasathi.gov.in/
- On the homepage, look for the ‘Login’ link under the ‘I want to…’ section and click on it
- On the next page, enter your User ID and Password in the respective fields
- Then, click on the ‘Login’ button to proceed
- If you have entered the correct details, you will be directed to your account dashboard
Swasthya Sathi Card Benefits
- Transparent gradation of hospitals: It helps you to choose a hospital as per its grade
- Assured pre-authorization for all treatments: If you are a beneficiary, all the medical treatments you undergo will be pre-authorized within no more than 24 hours
- Real-time maintenance of patients’ e-health records: After you are discharged from a hospital, your latest health record is uploaded to the system
- Assistance via the Swasthya Sathi mobile app: This allows you to access your health account on the go
- Timely SMS alerts: You will get an SMS when you get admitted to or are discharged from a hospital
- 24X7 helpline facilities: Behind the Swasthya Sathi card, you can find the number of the toll-free call center to get help when needed
- Quick reimbursement of claims: All claims by hospitals are settled within 30 days
- Online grievance monitoring mechanism: As a beneficiary, you can raise your grievances through the online portal of Swasthya Sathi
- Transport allowance post discharge: The package includes Rs.200 payable to the patient as transport charges at the time of discharge
Swasthya Sathi Card Eligibility Criteria
To register for the Swasthya Sathi scheme and get the Swasthya Sathi health card, you must ensure the following terms.
- You are permanent residents of West Bengal
- You have not registered your name under any other health scheme of GoWB
- You do not get medical allowance as a part of your salary
Coverage Under Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Annual health coverage of up to Rs.5 lakh per family (Up to Rs.1.5 lakh is given through insurance mode and the rest is provided through assurance mode)
- Coverage for all pre-existing diseases
- No cap on the number of family members
- Zero premium
- Cashless hospitalization facilities
Features of the Swasthya Sathi Yojana
The Swasthya Sathi Yojana is a health insurance scheme for the economically backward people of the state of West Bengal in India. The scheme is implemented through the West Bengal Health Scheme Authority (WBHSA). The key features of the Swasthya Sathi Yojana are as follows:
- Health insurance cover of ₹5 lakh (US$7,000) for each family
- Coverage for pre and post-hospitalisation expenses
- Free diagnostic tests and medicines
- Free transportation to and from the hospital for treatment
- Coverage for treatments at empanelled hospitals across India
- No upper age limit for availing of benefits under the scheme
Register for Treatment Outside West Bengal
- Visit the official portal of the Law Commission. Click on "Apply Now." A list will be generated showing all the options possible, and you'll see registration for treatment outside of West Bengal as one option
- When you arrive at this page, fill in the URN, Mobile Number and OTP
- Once you complete this process, click Submit
Swasthya Sathi Hospital Registration
If you want to register as a hospital, click on the tab that says "Registered Hospitals." A new page will open up where you can enter your name, your district, and the category of hospital.
As you input your order details, be sure to hit the Submit button at the end.
Information About Swasthya Sathi Hospital
Click on the "Hospital Information" tab on the homepage.
You will be able to see a list with four types:
- Active Hospital List
- Hospital Facility Details
- HR Details
- Hospital Service Details
The next step is to click on any of the links, and a new page will open with all the details you need to fill out.
Now that you know about the features, benefits and eligibility criteria of Swasthya Sathi card check online to start a new application or update your existing details. If you are not eligible for Swasthya Sathi scheme, you can still opt for other health insurance plans and health cards that offer money-saving benefits. For fast and easy processing as well as customized features, you can opt for the Aarogya Care plans by Bajaj Finserv Health. With these plans, you can enjoy benefits like preventive health check-ups, online doctor consultation, pre- and post-hospitalization coverage, network sdiscounts and more. So, prioritize your health and avail coverage without delay.
Please note that this article is solely meant for informational purposes and Bajaj Finserv Health Limited (“BFHL”) does not shoulder any responsibility of the views/advice/information expressed/given by the writer/reviewer/originator. This article should not be considered as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with your trusted physician/qualified healthcare professional to evaluate your medical condition. The above article has been reviewed by a qualified doctor and BFHL is not responsible for any damages for any information or services provided by any third party.
Download the Bajaj Health App
Stay Up-to-date with Health Trends. Read latest blogs on health and wellness. Know More!
Get the link to download the app