DisclaimerThe cost of surgery in different hospitals may vary and is subject to change, please consult with the specific hospital for accurate and up-to-date information.
A Simple Guide to Hernia Surgery
Imagine your body as a building with walls made of muscles and tissues. Sometimes, due to a weak spot in these walls, a part of an organ or tissue can push through, causing a lump. This is called a hernia. It can make you feel uncomfortable, hurt, and even cause sickness feelings.
Hernia Surgery: What You Need to Know
When a hernia becomes a problem, doctors might recommend surgery to fix it. This surgery is like a repair job. It's done when an organ or a fatty part pokes through a weak area in your muscles or tissues. If you ignore a hernia, it can lead to more pain and problems.
Hernia surgery is a common and well-practiced way to fix this issue. Many skilled doctors in Pune do this surgery and can guide you on what to do.
Different Types of Hernias
Hernias can occur in various parts of your body. Some common types are:
- Inguinal hernia: This happens in your groin area, where a piece of your intestine or bladder pushes through your belly wall.
- Hiatal hernia: This occurs when a bit of your stomach goes up through your diaphragm into your chest, causing things like heartburn.
- Umbilical hernia: Around your belly button, your intestine or belly tissue might poke through your belly wall.
- Incisional hernia: If you had surgery before, this type might happen where the scar is. Organs can push through that area.
- Ventral hernia: Similar to an incisional hernia, but it can form in weak spots of your belly wall without any previous surgery.
How Hernias are Fixed
For hernias that need help, doctors might do surgery to fix the weak spot and put things back where they belong. If it's a small hernia, they might suggest watching and being careful with lifting heavy things. But for proper advice, you should talk to a doctor if you think you have a hernia.
Before surgery, doctors think about many things:
- Where the hernia is and what type it is
- How big the hernia is
- How bad your symptoms are
- How healthy you are
- Your age
What Could Happen after Surgery
Talking to your doctor about these things before surgery is important. This helps you understand what to expect during and after the procedure.
Different Surgery Approaches
- Open Hernia Repair: This is like a traditional way. Doctors make one big cut to fix the hernia and put things back in place using stitches or mesh.
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair: This is a newer way. Doctors make small cuts and use a tiny camera and tools to fix the hernia. It causes less scarring and helps you recover faster.
Getting Better After Surgery
After hernia surgery, you might feel a bit sore or in pain. Most times, you can go home from the hospital in a few days. When you cough or sneeze, you should be gentle on your wound to avoid hurting it.
Remember, hernia surgery is important to make you feel better and prevent more problems. In Pune, there are experienced experts who can help you based on your hernia's type and seriousness.
The average cost of hernia surgery in pune can vary depending on several factors, including the complexity of the case, the chosen healthcare provider, the facilities provided, and any additional services required. However, it typically ranges from 9900 to 300000 INR.
Many hospitals in pune offer financing options or payment plans to assist patients with managing the cost of hernia surgery. These options can help make the procedure more affordable and accessible. It is recommended to inquire about available financing options directly with the healthcare provider or hospital.
The success rate of hernia surgery in pune can vary depending on several factors, including the type of procedure, the individual patient's condition, and the expertise of the healthcare provider. It is advisable to consult with a reputable healthcare provider or specialist in pune who can provide you with more specific information regarding success rates.