Green tea has numerous benifits
It helps in lowering the blood pressure
The antioxidants can help oxidative damage and thus reduces the risk of several cancers
Green tea being loaded with antioxidants is thought to be a health-promoting beverage. It helps prevent cellular damage, lowers the risk of heart disease and increases immunity. Just like other non-herbal teas, it is made from leaves of the Camellia sinesis plant but are less processed. The delicate processing techniques makes it rich in beneficial polyphenols.
The benefits of green tea ranges from increasing the alertness to prevention of cancer, although few of them require more evidence to support.
Here is a list of possible health benefits of green tea:
- Cardiovascular: Green tea helps in lowering the blood pressure in hypertension and protect against formation of clots. Green tea also benefits in lowering the bad cholesterol.
- Tooth decay: Antioxidant “catechin” in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections, dental caries and other dental conditions.
- Anti-ageing: Green tea helps in anti-ageing and wrinkles because of their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Diabetes: Green tea may help reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes.
- Brain function: The caffeine in green tea increases the alertness, amino acid L-theanine works synergistically with caffeine to improve brain function. It also protects the brain from ageing and lowers the risk of dementia.
- Bad breath: The catechins in green tea inhibit the growth of bacteria in mouth and hence help in reducing bad breath.
- Cancers: The antioxidants can help oxidative damage and thus reduces the risk of several cancers.
- Psoriasis: Green tea can be helpful in inflammatory disorder called Psoriasis which characterized by patches of dry, red, flaky skin caused by the inflammation and overproduction of skin cells.
- Weight loss: Increased metabolism by green tea may help losing weight.
- Stress and depression: Amino acid theanine found in green tea provides a relaxing and tranquilizing effect.
- Eyes: Cold green tea bags are also used to decrease puffiness under the eyes, as a compress for tired eyes.
- Acne: Drinking green tea and applying cold compress of green tea may help reduce the inflammation of acne.