Preventive Health Check up: 9 Major Benefits You Should Know
- A preventive health check-up is a smart and cost-effective means of healthcare
- Preventive health check-up packages can help avoid harmful health conditions
- Avail tax benefits for preventive health check-up u/s 80D of the IT Act
Preventive health check-ups are an effective way to improve your life expectancy without added financial burden . Going for timely preventive health check-ups can help detect potential health issues before they become critical in nature and require expensive treatments. Read on to know more about how a regular preventive health check-up is beneficial for you.
List of conditions that you can avoid with preventive health check-ups
The five crucial conditions which you can keep at bay with timely check-ups include:
- Diabetes - Diabetes increases your sugar levels, which leads to other health complications. Note that there are type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and they may not have any visible signs.
- Cardiovascular problems - These are the disorders related to your blood vessels and heart. These diseases can be fatal if left unchecked.
- Problems with vision or hearing - Such disorders require immediate detection. If left undetected, they could worsen and become harder to treat. A preventive health check-up can ensure a timely diagnosis.
- Anemia - This problem occurs due to a deficiency of iron in your body, which causes a hindrance in the production of hemoglobin. As a consequence, your body doesn’t get enough oxygen delivered by the blood. Note that several factors may lead to this condition. Identifying anemia at an early stage can help prevent conditions from worsening.
- Cancer - Cancer is an incurable disease caused by the unusual growth of cells in the human body. It can turn severe and fatal if not treated on time. However, detecting them at a prevalent stage with a preventive health check-up provides more time for treatment.
Benefits and importance of preventive health check-ups
With preventive health check-up packages, you can enjoy the following benefits.
- Awareness about your own health conditions
- Assessment of any sickness or probable sickness in the future
- Effective management of pre-existing conditions
- Timely diagnosis and treatment of any health disorder
- Improvement in quality of life by tweaking lifestyle and changing food habits
- Nominal treatment expenses as it helps you avoid costly emergency procedures
- The opportunity to leverage the latest medical advancements in technology, treatment measures for diseases, and other health-related information
Tax Deduction for preventive health check-up packages under Section 80D
You can avail a tax exemption when you purchase a preventive health check-up package too. Under section 80D of IT Act 1961, you can claim a deduction of Rs.5,000 against the expenses you incur for a preventive health check-up. This applies to both you and your family. If your parents are senior citizens, you are allowed to claim up to Rs.50,000. And unlike premium payment, you can claim a deduction for preventive health check-up expenses even if you pay in cash.
Keep in mind that the deduction of Rs.5,000 is not an additional discount but is part of the overall deduction of Rs.25,000 and Rs.50,000 for health policies. Here’s an example for you to understand the concept. Suppose you pay a health insurance premium of Rs.23,000. Here, you can avail a preventive health check-up deduction benefit for only Rs.2,000, even if you have spent more than that. The same goes for the deduction of Rs.50,000. If the total of your premium and preventive health check-up cost does not exceed Rs.50,000, you can claim the full amount.Additional read: How to Get a Lab Test Discount with Bajaj Finserv Health? 3 Easy Ways!
Preventive health check-ups are integral in reinforcing proper lifestyle changes and motivating yourself and your loved ones. They are a tool for timely diagnosis that helps keep your watch out for all diseases and illnesses, along with making you eligible for tax benefits. With Bajaj Finserv Health’s Aarogya Care plans, you can get preventive health check-ups from top medical practitioners. You can also get lab test discounts with the digital health card available on the platform. To invest wisely, choose from the Complete Health Solution policies under our health protection plans, and enjoy all-inclusive coverage!
Please note that this article is solely meant for informational purposes and Bajaj Finserv Health Limited (“BFHL”) does not shoulder any responsibility of the views/advice/information expressed/given by the writer/reviewer/originator. This article should not be considered as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with your trusted physician/qualified healthcare professional to evaluate your medical condition. The above article has been reviewed by a qualified doctor and BFHL is not responsible for any damages for any information or services provided by any third party.
Download the Bajaj Health App
Stay Up-to-date with Health Trends. Read latest blogs on health and wellness. Know More!
Get the link to download the app