Kadha for Immunity: Try These 6 Simple Recipes to Boost Your Immune System!
- Immunity booster kadha contains immune boosting herbs
- Drink fresh mint, pepper and clove kadha for immunity
- Have ginger turmeric tea to boost your overall health
The coronavirus pandemic has made us realize the importance of a strong immune system even more. There is an increasing demand for ayurvedic kadha drinks to boost immunity. Kadha is a medicinal and aromatic drink with umpteen healing properties. Ayurvedic kadha immunity drinks use natural and common ingredients. So, you can prepare them easily at home.
Remember, a strong immune system is essential to prevent infections. As per the Ministry of AYUSH, drinking ayurvedic kadha helps improve your immune functions. These herbal concoctions are made using immune-boosting herbs like:
- Black pepper
All these ingredients also strengthen your digestive system and improve your skin. Read on to learn recipes of kadha for immunity and the benefits of using different immune boosting herbs.
Consume a black pepper-based herbal drink to get rid of colds
This immunity booster kadha plays a vital role in keeping your lungs healthy. You can prepare this ayurvedic immunity kadha twice a day. The black pepper present in this herbal drink helps in reducing cough and cold. To make a sweeter version, you can add jaggery.
The different ingredients present in this drink include:
- Basil leaves
- Green cardamom
- Black peppercorn
- Black raisins
- Raw turmeric
Black raisins reduce dry cough and green cardamoms can protect you from chronic diseases. While basil leaves boost your immunity levels and heal infections, raw turmeric contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Cloves are packed with antioxidants and ginger has medicinal properties.
Check how this simple kadha recipe for immunity is prepared.
- Boil ginger and turmeric in 4 cups of water for about 5-6 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Allow them to boil for 15-20 minutes
- Add honey or jaggery for sweetness
Make lemon-based herbal concoctions to break down mucus
Making this kadha for immunity booster benefits is easy as its ingredient as simple. They include:
- Cinnamon stick
- Basil leaves
- Garlic cloves
Being rich in vitamin C, lemons boost immune functions and promote good digestive health. Including garlic in this kadha drink for immunity helps in combating many health ailments. Moreover, the active compounds present in garlic help in reducing your high blood pressure levels.
Amongst the several drinks to boost immune system, this herbal drink can be prepared with ease. All you need to do is follow the simple steps below.
- Step 1: Boil all ingredients except the lemon in 2 liters of water
- Step 2: Continue simmering for about 3-4 minutes
- Step 3: Add lemon juice and sip it while it is warm
Have a ginger tulsi drink and boost your immunity
Drinking this kadha for immunity is a preventive measure to protect yourself from infections. The ginger tulsi drink is prepared in the following way:
- Take 4 cups of water
- Add tulsi, bay leaf, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, pepper, cloves and cardamom
- Boil the mixture for 5 minutes until al flavors are absorbed
- Strain it and add honey before you sip this tea while its warm
While ginger prevents infections, tulsi contains vitamin C and zinc that promote good health. The properties present in cinnamon help in flushing out harmful toxins from your body. This kadha drink benefits overall health, so you can have it every day.
Make a fresh mint kadha for immunity
Fresh mint leaves has umpteen benefits as it:
- Minimizes stomach ailments
- Reduces acne on your skin
- Improves your immunity
- Treats asthma and allergies
- Helps manage cold
You can prepare fresh mint tea by following these simple steps.
- Step 1: Make a rough paste of mint, pepper, cardamoms, cinnamon and cloves
- Step 2: Add this paste to 4 cups water and boil it
- Step 3: Boil for about 5 minutes
- Step 4: Strain it and add lemon juice before sipping hot tea
Use this ginger turmeric tea to enhance your immunity
You may be aware of how beneficial ginger and turmeric are for your health. Drinking ginger turmeric tea boosts your immune functions. Make a cup of this delicious tea in the following way:
- Crush ginger and turmeric along with cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, pepper and cloves
- Mix it in 4 cups of water and add jaggery
- Boil it for 5 minutes
- Strain it and add lime juice
Regularly drinking herbal teas like these can help you ward off infections. If you are facing any discomfort and looking for ayurvedic care, connect with specialists on Bajaj Finserv Health. Book an online doctor consultation to address your symptoms from the comfort of your home. Take proper advice at the right time and strengthen your immune system.
Please note that this article is solely meant for informational purposes and Bajaj Finserv Health Limited (“BFHL”) does not shoulder any responsibility of the views/advice/information expressed/given by the writer/reviewer/originator. This article should not be considered as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with your trusted physician/qualified healthcare professional to evaluate your medical condition. The above article has been reviewed by a qualified doctor and BFHL is not responsible for any damages for any information or services provided by any third party.
Download the Bajaj Health App
Stay Up-to-date with Health Trends. Read latest blogs on health and wellness. Know More!
Get the link to download the app