Doctor Speaks: Top Health Questions to Ask
While visiting a doctor, make a list of health questions to ask to get the clarity you need. Healthcare questions and answers also help doctors diagnose conditions, so be truthful when you answer them! Get all the information on the questions to ask a doctor in this section.
Doctor Speaks সমস্ত নিবন্ধ দেখাচ্ছে এই
ডাঃ বিপ্লব এক্কার বর্ষাকালীন রোগ থেকে নিরাপদ থাকার জন্য আপনার গাইড3 মিনিট পড়া
মৌখিক স্বাস্থ্যবিধির গুরুত্ব: ডাঃ গৌরী ভান্ডারীর দ্রুত তথ্য2 মিনিট পড়া
মানসিক স্বাস্থ্য সমস্যা এবং চিকিত্সা: ডঃ প্রাচি শাহের টিপস3 মিনিট পড়া
ডাঃ জোলিন ফার্নান্দেজের পোস্ট-কোভিড পুষ্টির জন্য একটি নির্দেশিকা4 মিনিট পড়া
পলিসিস্টিক ওভারি সিনড্রোম: কারণ, লক্ষণ ও চিকিৎসা ডাঃ প্রাজকতা মহাজন5 মিনিট পড়া
কিভাবে দাঁতের সমস্যা মোকাবেলা করবেন ডঃ স্মিতা চৌধুরী4 মিনিট পড়া
রক্তচাপ: ডাঃ সুভাষ কোকনে দ্বারা স্বাভাবিক পরিসীমা, প্রকার এবং চিকিত্সা5 মিনিট পড়া
ডাঃ কোমল ভাদু দ্বারা গর্ভবতী মহিলাদের জন্য স্বাস্থ্যকর ডায়েট5 মিনিট পড়া
পাইলস: ডাঃ বিকাশ মজুমদার দ্বারা চিকিত্সা, কারণ এবং লক্ষণ5 মিনিট পড়া
ডক্টর কীর্তি খেওয়ালকার দ্বারা মহিলাদের গুরুত্বপূর্ণ টিকা সম্পর্কে জানতে হবে7 মিনিট পড়া
প্রতি 6 মাসে আপনার ডেন্টিস্টের কাছে যাওয়ার 4টি কারণ ডঃ মানালি ভাঘাসিয়া লিখেছেন8 মিনিট পড়া
জরায়ুমুখের ক্যান্সারের প্রধান কারণ, প্রতিরোধ এবং ভ্যাকসিন9 মিনিট পড়া
Have you ever held back a health question thinking it may be too basic or that the doctor is in a hurry and needs to see other patients? Don’t make this mistake again. It is important to be fully aware about your health. That’s why knowing about common healthcare questions and answers allows you to have a better consultation with a doctor, helping you lead a healthy and stress-free life.
In fact, you can create a list of health questions even when you visit your general physician or family doctor for a regular health check-up. Having questions to ask a doctor during this time helps you make lifestyle modifications for better health or understand small yet important details about your own body and risk factors.
When it comes to doctors, one of their responsibilities to respond to your medical questions with answers so that you can understand crucial information. Simply prioritize every health question as per the purpose of your visit or the symptoms you are experiencing. Make sure to not exclude any symptom during your visit, no matter whether you find it too personal or embarrassing. After all, honesty is the best policy, especially with your doctor! Also, don’t leave out any symptoms no matter what the speciality of the doctor is. For example, if you are visiting an ENT specialist and also having a pain in your chest, tell the doctor about it. It could be a problem linked to your condition or the ENT specialist may refer you to a pulmonologist for further screening.
Read on to know about the important health questions and answers.
Questions to ask a doctor about your symptoms
- What do my symptoms indicate?
- What disease or health conditions may I have?
- What is the degree of severity of my condition?
- What caused my disease or condition?
- What can I do to prevent this from happening again?
- What risk factors do I need to watch out for?
- Is there any other condition or disease associated with my current symptoms?
- Do I need to visit another specialist for the other factors causing the symptoms?
- Do I need to undergo some lab or radiology tests?
- What are the preconditions to appear for these tests?
- When will the results be available?
- What could the result mean?
- Will there be any further tests?
- Do you want me to come for a follow-up visit? If yes, when should I come?
- What precautions can I take to prevent the symptoms from worsening?
Treatment-related health questions
- What will be my course of treatment?
- Is this the only treatment or there are other options to choose from?
- What is the usual duration of the treatment?
- What are the approximate expenses involved?
- What types of medicines to I need to take?
- Are there any side-effects I need to watch out or prepare for?
- Do I need to undergo any invasive procedure?
- Is there any risk associated with the treatment procedure?
- How soon do I need to get started with the treatment?
- Will there be further complications if I take some time to prepare for the treatment?
- What are the risk factors I need to watch out for during treatment?
- What actions do I need to take if I experience any side effects?
- What to do in case I overdose or forgot a dose of medication?
- How long will it take for me to recover?
- Do I need to following any restrictions in work or personal life during or after the treatment?
Questions to ask a doctor about surgery
- What makes this surgery essential?
- Is there any alternative course of treatment?
- What kind of surgery will it be?
- How long will the procedure take?
- What is the cost of the surgery?
- Is there any risk involved?
- Will you use local anesthesia, regional anesthesia, or general anesthesia?
- Will I need critical care after the operation?
- For how many days do I need to stay in hospital?
- How long will it take for me to recover?
- Can I take a second opinion before coming to a final decision?
All these health questions are vital and asking them is in your best interest. When you visit a doctor, questions and answers can come from either side. In case you have gone for a check-up due to particular symptoms you are experiencing, doctors may ask you specific questions to understand more about them before making a prognosis.
For example, if you have gone to visit a psychologist or psychiatrist, the specialist may ask you certain mental health assessment questions to better understand your condition. These include your personal history, family life, work and professional life, hobbies, friendships and more. Being honest is key to getting the right treatment, no matter which health question is asked.
The same logic applies in case you are visiting a doctor for health issues related to your heart, lungs, stomach, kidney, brain, reproductive health, and more. If your visit is just a general check-up without any symptoms, feel free to ask the doctor about any wellness tips you can follow.
With a thorough understanding of the health questions that you and your doctor can ask each other, going for a regular check-up or an emergency consultation becomes more meaningful. Make sure not to keep any questions or doubts to yourself as incomplete communication may affect the whole treatment.
To start being more proactive about your health, you can now consult a doctor and get your doubts resolved anytime on Bajaj Finserv Health. This platform and app connects to specialists across India, allowing you to book teleconsultations as well as in-person visits with ease.
Apart from that, you can also get yourself covered with a Complete Health Solution plan available under the Aarogya Care Insurance on the same platform. By subscribing to this medical policy, you can enjoy comprehensive healthcare benefits such as network discounts, pre- and post-hospitalization coverage, cover for daycare treatment, free preventive health check-up, road ambulance coverage, and more.